Getting value from data
“Working with Golant Media Ventures enabled us to see the potential for data to enhance the relationships which are central to achieving our creative ambitions and being economically sustainable.” Jennifer Tomkins, Head of Marketing and Development
Data is not dry at all, but data is also not the point.
It represents the art and experiences you create, the people you work with, and how well you do at connecting one with the other.
It is valuable when it can be turned into actionable knowledge that can help you develop relationships, increase revenue, or improve your organisational performance and impact.
Rather than starting with IT systems, we begin by working collaboratively to develop a ‘real world’ model of how an organisation really works, and the relationships and activities that sustain it. Starting from that foundation ensures that future work is relevant, understandable and meaningful to everyone in the organisation.
Through working with arts organisations who realise the potential worth of their data, we have shown how to transform it into a strategic asset.
We have also created a solution for capturing audience data: iBeholder, developed with Nesta support in partnership with three Welsh arts organisations.
We can help you to:
- Meet reporting requirements and make a data-driven case to funders
- Remain compliant and up to date with the relevant personal data, privacy and electronic communications regulations
- Find and implement the right data solutions to help you realise the value of your relationships
- Design and implement data sharing strategies
We can also help you ensure that you, your team and your organisation are data capable and data confident, fit for the challenges ahead. We understand that capability is a subtle mixture of expertise, experience, confidence and motivation in people – and of culture, processes and systems in teams across an organisation.
- Personalised and targeted marketing and communications
- Building better relationships with partners and facilitating data sharing
- Making the case for impact and reach
- Integration of systems to reduce data duplication and increase efficiency
- Making decisions informed by data