Arts Council of Wales - Resilience Programme advisors
“We have called upon them to provide support to funded organisations facing complex challenges, providing expert advice on governance, business models, funding, communications, operations and developing skills/capabilities. They are skilled in working within multi-stakeholder environments and understand the subtleties of operating alongside both funder and funded organisation. Patrick is particularly adept at supporting leaders through periods of change.” Dr Kath Davies, Director of Investment and Arts Funding Services, Arts Council of Wales
Since 2016, several members of the Golant Media Ventures team have been Associates on the Arts Council of Wales Resilience Programme framework , supplying specialist advice and support to funded organisations within Arts Portfolio Wales.
We have worked closely with Arts Council Wales to scope and deliver interventions with a range of culture organisations and the leisure departments of local authorities across Wales. Our work has included:
- Oriel Davies : giving its director a route-map for organisational change
- Oriel Myrddin : helping it find its unique place in the cultural and community ecosystem of Carmarthenshire – and to build the case for support of a large capital programme based on that understanding
- Glynn Vivian : shifting the gallery’s approach to audience development to one that’s based on research with non-users as well as users, and that’s joined up across Council cultural venues
- Galeri, Caernarfon : helping the team to understand that marketing and communications is something that everyone can contribute to
- Disability Arts Cymru : developing a comms and social media strategy that links to its strategic objectives
Our work has supported these organisations to implement effective governance, develop new business models and funding streams, communicate with current and new audiences, and develop organisationally in a context of challenging times.
“GMV have been brilliantly helpful as we negotiate a period of transition. They provide useful insight into our organisation and the process is beneficial across the board as we develop a new business model. Patrick provides a realistic and practical (and emotional) view of our organisation. There’s a real sense that all of the GMV team really care about our team and it always feels like a positive experience when we meet to discuss ideas and challenges.” Steffan Jones-Hughes, Director, Oriel Davies