12 April 2018, Patrick Towell
What will resilience mean in 2030? How can the arts and culture sector build a more resilient future?
...Whether you love or hate the term ‘resilience’
...whether you think it’s a useful idea or not
...whatever it means to you (and even if it means nothing to you)
...we want to hear your thoughts!
To get involved go to arts-culture-resilience.org/
Arts Council England is working with us and The Audience Agency to explore these questions to help inform developments – ranging from policy to grant-giving – over the next 10 years. Whilst this review is working alongside the ‘public conversation’ around the Arts Council’s next ten-year strategy review, the two are separate and we would encourage you to engage with both.
We will be asking:
- What ‘resilience’ means to the arts and culture sector in England today
- Where organisations are succeeding in becoming more resilient – and how they’re doing it
- What insight and inspiration can be drawn from other countries and fields of study
- What sort of support arts and culture organisations will need in order to build resilience in the future
We will be doing this through:
- A literature review
- A survey
- Workshops across England to engage stakeholders in the arts and culture sector
- ‘Sense-making sessions’ to share and get feedback on our conclusions
Get involved! Visit arts-culture-resilience.org/ – and please share the link with others!