Global Spaces – The ‘Digital Museum’ of Me in the World
The key elements were to:
- create a vision for a worldwide digital channel for Commonwealth archive – past and future
- to enable individuals to find, chart, capture and tell their own stories, and make their mark on the global map, and have a personalised ‘cutting edge’ digital experience enabled by the technologies of today and tomorrow
- link entertainment and cultural experiences online to experiences in physical venues in the UK and around the world.
- build the business case for how such a service could be sustainable.
GMV key contributions were:
- developing the vision
- scoping the provision of a digital channel connecting hubs around the world and delivering content and sharing experiences
- developing the content offer and editorial strategy
- outlining the business opportunities, challenges and strategy.
"The GMV team worked with New Media Networks to deliver a vision and business strategy for Global Spaces, a potential public archive for the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. They helped to turn the concept into a clear plan and did so with a great combination of sensitivity, business understanding and know how and creativity." Karen Merkel, Partner, New Media Networks